Mental Health Counselor Share:
$52,000.00 - $62,000.00 Annually
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Retirement Savings
Job Search Made Easy
powered by the Core Values Index
*IMPORTANT: To be considered for this position, please follow the Application Instructions at the end of this job posting*
Portland Opportunities Industrialization Center + Rosemary Anderson High School (POIC + RAHS) is a minority-led nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization providing the highest quality services in education, mentoring, family outreach, employment training and placement.
Established in 1968,
+ RAHS has been a beacon for communities of color for over 50 years. Today,
POIC + RAHS provides education and direct services to over 700 students and
work trainees annually, 80% of whom are Black or Latinx.
- We believe all people have value.
- We believe all people can grow.
- We believe all people can contribute and build thriving communities.
Visit our website at www.portlandoic.org
As the Mental Health Counselor, you will provide comprehensive assessments and support to youth and families served by POIC + RAHS. This includes crisis management, individual and family counseling, skills groups, and student support. You may also conduct training related to Culturally Responsive Trauma Informed Care, to support the delivery of effective mental health services organization-wide. Mental Health Counselors complete all required client-related paperwork, including federal- and state-mandated forms, and mental health documentation as required for insurance billing.
What We Offer:
POIC + RAHS offers a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment where everyone has the opportunity to grow. Our compensation and benefits package represent our commitment to employee health and financial wellness.
- Generous vacation/PTO policy
- Employer paid Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Employer paid Life and Long Term Disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) option
- 403(b) Retirement Plan option
- Twelve paid Holidays per year
- Professional growth and advancement opportunities
- Enhances school climate and broadly promote behavioral health, wellness, and school success for students, families and staff by conducting on-going needs assessments, building relationships, and systematically seeking to reduce stigma.
- Conducts assessments; creates and follows treatment plans; collaborates with school staff, caregivers, and other involved providers.
- Adheres to professional standards for record keeping and documentation for timely payment from insurance companies.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with youth and families of color.
- Conducts training and builds school and community support for delivery of effective school based mental health services to students and their families.
- Assists in the coordination and facilitation of group services and provides weekly individual services for adolescents.
- Strong cultural competency.
- Ability to vary communication style to meet needs.
- Ability to adapt to frequent change and unexpected events.
- Must have a valid driver-s license, access to a personal vehicle and the ability to meet our insurability requirements.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Master-s degree in social work, psychology, mental health counseling or a closely related mental health field (QMHP)
- Minimum 3 years related experience
- Oregon License (i.e. Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Licensed Psychologist), OR registered intern in process for license required
- Experience working with African American and Latinx youth and their families
- Experience with crisis intervention, community networking, and resource developmentApplication Instructions:
*To be considered for this opportunity, please submit:*
1. Personal Statement that includes:
a. Why you are interested in working for POIC + RAHS
b. How your skills and experience relate to this position
c. What you can contribute to our organization and the youth we serve
Please send your Personal Statement and Resume to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line. Applicants who do not submit a Personal Statement that includes the requested information may be disqualified from consideration for the position.
POIC + RAHS is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Like this job?