Development Director Share:
$55,000.00 - $65,000.00 Annually
Medical, Dental, Vision
Job Search Made Easy
powered by the Core Values Index
Project Patch is currently seeking a Development Director to oversee our donor relations program and manage our fundraising initiatives. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing our non-profit's fundraising campaigns, communicating with current and prospective donors, and building a stronger development team for our organization. This position involves managing individual and foundation gifts as well as the annual giving campaign. If you have a strong background in non-profit fundraising and development, we encourage you to apply.
Location: Boise Idaho
Hours: Full Time 40 hrs/wk, Overtime Exempt
Salary: $55,000 - $65,000 - Commensurate with education and experience
Encourage Spiritual Growth:
- Providing an example through living a life consistent with Christian principles and Project Patch's Vision and Mission.
- Assist with and/or conduct worships for staff, prospects, clients and other community organizations as appropriate.
- Lead the team in developing the Annual Development Plan.
- Directs staff and volunteers on annual fund assignments, schedule, and functions.
- Solicitors -assists those meeting donors in setting agendas and making appointments with assigned prospects.
- Ensure data is property managed regarding prospects and planning.
- Prepare annual fund reports and evaluations.
- Prepare monthly production reports on activities, potential gifts, gifts solicited but not committed, and the total amount committed toward the goal.
- Prepare reports projecting strategies for various gift levels and timeframes.
- Prepare monthly updates of the annual development plan.
- Assists in developing a strategy for top prospects including detailed written strategies on all prospects for annual gifts of $5,000 and up.
- Solicit for the annual fund in coordination with the Executive Director.
- Oversees preparation of draft proposals for foundations, corporations, and churches.
- Ensure follow-up proposals are prepared for foundations, corporations and small businesses.
Donor Support & Recruiting:
- Use available resources including NEON to identify new, lapsed, or special interest donors.
- Track and develop on-going relationships with clients and client families.
- Make contacts via phone, e-mail, cards, and letters.
- Make in-person visits in coordination with the Executive Director.
- Manage the new donor welcome and orientation process.
1. Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about Project Patch with the community.
- Oversee the design and preparation of materials, events and recognition programs as related to fundraising.
- Oversee the thanking process for donations.
- Seek opportunities for donor engagement and stewardship.
- Ensures communication strategy is carried out including.
- Email Blasts.
- Social media
- Identify new venues for creating awareness, visibility and scheduling speaking appointments.
- Assist staff in the compilation of newsletter.
- Use data sources to identify donors and alumni who live in proximity to events attended by the Executive Director and other staff.
- Assist with booths, conventions, and other venues when requested by the Executive Director.
- Assist with grant research and writing.
- Oversee the wish-list development as well as ensuring items are purchased and communication is completed with the donor.
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings and training as required.
- Attend/present information at board meetings as requested.
- Regular travel for operations and marketing/public relations.
- Maintain open and appropriate lines of communication with other departments and co-workers.
- Promote and abide by Patch policies, procedures, and standards.
- Provide for the care, welfare, safety, and security of the clients in our care.
- Other duties as assigned.
1. Required: Bachelor's degree in business or non-profit management
2. Required: Coursework in development, business, marketing, communications or sales
1. Demonstrated interest in Project Patch and its mission
2. Three years minimum experience in professional fundraising.
3. Must have a valid driver-s license as a condition of employment and not have more than two serious citations for moving violations during a continuous rolling 3-year period while employed. A DUI conviction will result in termination of employment.
1. Entrepreneurial style - Positive attitude, energizes others, motivates team members, focus on organizational goals, informed decision maker consistent with organizational values and policies, demonstrates follow through and executes well, manages resources and takes personal responsibility to ensure various tasks are taken care of with limited supervision.
2. Not intimidated by position or high-powered people.
3. Attention to detail and ability provide high-quality support materials.
4. Communication skills including face-to-face, written, phone, and email with a warm, engaging, professional manner
5. Interacting with computers including proficiency in the following applications:
a. Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
b. NEON or similar donor DRM/CRM software
6. Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships
7. Making decisions and solving problems
8. Organizing, planning, and prioritizing work
9. Ability to travel in the Treasure Valley Area as well as regional and national travel as needed. Use of a personal vehicle in the course of employment to travel locally.
10. Ability and willingness to work irregular hours including evenings and weekends to attend meetings beyond the scope of regular working hours.
Like this job?