Office Manager Share:
$19.00 - $19.00 Hourly
Job Search Made Easy
powered by the Core Values Index
We are a small and elite service company in Redmond, WA with a
reputation for excellence and a history of growth each year. We have a
strong base of loyal customers and a steady stream of new business each
month. Our crews are clean, precise, well-trained, efficient, background
checked, drug tested and our job sites are tidy and tobacco-free.
We are looking for a part-time office manager who is assertive, firm and confident in their organizational skills, cooperative, respectful and fun to be around, and who is looking to gain experience and grow with the company. We welcome new ideas when conventional ones are lacking.
The purpose of the office manager is to oversee the administrative arm of the business so that day-to-day transactions are appropriately executed, recorded, and archived as well as forecasted to a practical extent.
The office manager is responsible for categorizing invoices and paying all of them on time, entering, filing and organizing all electronic and paper records, submitting invoices to clients after contracts are completed, filing monthly DOR taxes, compiling and submitting payroll information to our payroll company and also serving as the first point of contact for clients i.e. answering the phone and relaying messages to the appropriate person. Some miscellaneous administrative tasks may also periodically be assigned to the office manager by the owner, such as creating a flyer for a company picnic, calling a vendor regarding an erroneous invoice, scheduling a mechanical or computer repair person, researching different print toner costs, etc.
Typical daily or weekly tasks will include:
- Categorizing all vendors and vendor invoices, paying all invoices and forecasting future liabilities.
- Maintaining organized records and finding ways to improve efficiency in finding/using them.
- Answering the phones in the manner directed and politely deal with all callers, forwarding messages promptly so that all calls may be returned within 24 hours of receiving them.
- Entering new employees, new customers and new vendors into QuickBooks, updating QuickBooks with any changes that occur.
- Creating invoices in QuickBooks, sending them to the respective clients and entering all payments into QuickBooks.
- Coordinating with our bookkeeper to enter required data as needed.
- Working closely with the owner to streamline business operations.
- Occasionally posting content to the website blog and to social media, some research may be necessary for some postings.
- Occasionally making calls to customers and prospects to set appointments for the owners and estimators.
- Maintaining a positive attitude
The personal attributes and skills needed to be successful are:
- Be consistently on time and prepared each day, enjoy helping create a "predictable" environment.
- Be tenacious about following up and following through, "Never let a ball drop".
- Enjoy systems, organization of activities and projects that require accuracy, "Do things thoroughly and correctly".
- Maintain a professional/presentable appearance.
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Enjoys analyzing facts and data prior to making decisions, "Thoughtful" rather than "Flying by the seat of your pants".
- Strive for continuous improvement, accept responsibility for results, and effectively manage time and priorities to meet deadlines.
- Enjoy learning and implementing new ideas and methods.
- Be driven to exceed customer needs, respond to serve customers with a sense of urgency and enjoy building relationships with them.
- Well-developed computer skills - MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), use of internet, and the ability to learn our company software.
- Familiar with QuickBooks
- Write clearly, succinctly and understandably when communicating.
- Friendly phone skills.
- Efficient work practices.
- Clear background check.
- Verifiable references.
- Monday - Friday 9:00 - 2:00
Like this job?