Warehouse Shift Lead Share:
$18.00 - $20.00 Hourly
Job Search Made Easy
powered by the Core Values Index
Directly supervise and coordinate the activities of warehousemen, forklift drivers, helpers, laborers, or material movers.
Monday-Friday. Some weekends may be needed to fulfill customer demands.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s):
- Perform the same work duties as those supervised or perform more difficult or skilled tasks or assist in their performance.
- Design, schedule and manage logistics operations/processes, value streams and shift staffing.
- Work with warehouse manager to provide customized 3PL solutions to current customer base while actively prospecting and pitching new customer accounts.
- Directly supervise, monitor and analyze all warehouse floor activities.
- Supervise all aspects of re-pack operation and pricing.
- Transmit and explain work orders to laborers.
- Examine freight to determine loading sequences.
- Review work throughout the work process and at completion to ensure that it has been performed properly.
- Check specifications of materials loaded or unloaded against information contained in work orders. - Inform designated employees or departments of items loaded or problems encountered.
- Collaborate with workers and managers to solve work-related problems.
- Resolve personnel problems, complaints, or formal grievances when possible, or refer them to higher-level supervisors for resolution.
- Inspect equipment for wear and for conformance to specifications.
- Schedule times of shipment and modes of transportation for materials. - Inspect job sites to determine the extent of maintenance or repairs needed.
- Inventory supplies and requisition or purchase additional items, as necessary.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Delegating Responsibility - Ability to allocate authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate people.
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Resource Management (People & Equipment) - Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, as well as personnel.
- Motivation - Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
- Assertiveness - Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Education: Less than high school education
Experience: 1 plus years of experience in Forklift operation, re-pack procedures, general warehouse functions.
Computer Skills: N/A
Certifications & Licenses: N/A
Other Requirements: Forklift Operation
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Reach Above Shoulder-O
Squat or Kneel- O
10lbs or less-F
12lbs or less-F
Other Physical Requirements:
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - Protective eyewear, safety gloves.
- Warehouse environment, controlled office setting.
Like this job?