Intensive Career Coach Share:
$39,200.00 - $43,000.00 Annually
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Retirement Savings
Portland Opportunities Industrialization Center + Rosemary Anderson High School (POIC + RAHS) is a minority-led nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization providing the highest quality services in education, mentoring, family outreach, employment training and placement.
Established in 1968, POIC + RAHS has been a beacon for communities of color for over 50 years. Today, POIC + RAHS provides education and direct services to over 700 students and work trainees annually, 80% of whom are Black or Latinx.
- We believe all people have value.
- We believe all people can grow.
- We believe all people can contribute and build thriving communities.
- Visit our website at www.portlandoic.org
As an Intensive Career Coach, you will support underserved residents of Multnomah County who are currently experiencing homelessness on a path to self-sufficiency by providing opportunities for skill building, training, and work experience. You will work closely with both clients and community partners. Intensive Career Coaches conduct outreach, recruit, enroll and maintain a caseload of clients with a focus on low income people of color experiencing homelessness. Additionally, Intensive Career Coaches coordinate outreach and develop relationships with local employers.
- Engages clients in goal setting and monitoring, meets regularly with clients to implement individualized plans to achieve short and long term goals.
- Collaborates with employer partners to develop opportunities for clients of diverse skill levels to obtain work experience.
- Documents all client interaction, progress, participation, and data in workforce development-specific database system on a daily basis.
- Manages client exits and enrollments to maintain full caseload capacity.
- Develops culturally responsive, innovative, and engaging curriculum designed to build client-s employability and life skills.
- Passionate about the mission of POIC + RAHS and supporting underserved populations
- Strong cultural competency
- Familiarity with trauma-informed practice and strength-based approaches
- Valid driver license, acceptable driving record, and access to an insured vehicle required
- Bachelor-s degree or equivalent and two years of related experience OR equivalent combination of related training, experience, and education
- Prior experience in workforce development and placing clients with multiple barriers to employment required
- Experience working with non-profits and within government funded systems preferred
- Why you are interested in working for POIC + RAHS
- How your skills and experience relate to this position
- What you can contribute to our organization and the youth we serve
Like this job?
Job Search Made Easy
powered by the Core Values Index™
Apply Now Like this job?
Follow us on Twitter @erep_com_jobs to get the latest job listings.
Core Values Index (CVI)™
Many employers use the Core Values Index psychometric assessment to match applicants to available roles. It is the most accurate and reliable assessment available and only takes about 8 minutes to complete — and it's absolutely free!