Development Director Share:
$20.00 - $22.00 Hourly
Life Insurance, Retirement Savings
Job Search Made Easy
powered by the Core Values Index
This is a 20 hour per week position but could grow in hours as funding permits.
Please apply by September 14th to be considered for this position.
With Love, is a local nonprofit established to serve local kids in foster care ages 0-6 with love and honor. Our goal is to provide quality gear, clothing, and toys to help ease the transition and support these kids and their foster parents. We are primarily volunteer based, and care deeply about making With Love a place where volunteers feel cherished, valuable, and needed. Founded in a garage in 2013, With Love, has authentically and steadily grown. We have become a staple in the foster care community.
We are looking to hire a dynamic individual to be our Development Director to continue the growth and development of community relationships for With Love. This position is responsible for With Love-s comprehensive annual fund program, with a focus on community centric fundraising. The person in this position is responsible for developing a vision and budget for the annual fund campaign as well as managing a variety of annual giving strategies. Two main events this role is responsible for is Season of Giving and our Annual Benefit Dinner. This position reports to the President and Founder of With Love.
- Flexible schedule
- Ability to work remote up to 20% of working hours
- Casual dress code
- Student loan repayment benefits
- Retirement plan
- Financial wellness benefits
- Life insurance
- Pet insurance
- Voluntary benefits
- FSA: Commuter, dependent and medical
With Love was rated as one of the top 100 nonprofits to work for in Oregon in 2018! Come join our team today!
How to Apply
Please include the following:
- A cover letter stating your interest in the opportunity, what makes you a good candidate for the role, and what you will bring to this role.
- A current resume.
- 3-5 professional relationships that we can call as a reference.
- Complete the CVI assessment.
- Answer the following questions and include on a second page of your cover letter:
- 1) Have you managed people for over 3 years?
- 2) Do you have previous Development Director experience?
- 3) Have you worked for a nonprofit before?
- 4) Have
you ever helped or lead a big benefit dinner before?
- Develop and execute a comprehensive fundraising plan, aligned with the organization-s strategic plan, with defined goals and timelines.
- Engage with current and perspective donors to involve them in new and creative ways that they can support With Love.
- Lead the execution of fundraising activities, including being the lead point of contact with potential funders.
- Coordinate the engagement of the President, Board of Directors, and other staff in support of fundraising goals.
- Build relationships with community partners to help with ongoing programs and meet the financial and physical needs of With Love.
- Bring awareness to the community about With Love through events, newspapers, and other media outlets.
- Speak and fundraise at events to help raise awareness, funds and seek out new donors.
- Assess the needs of the organization, and develop strategies to help With Love, grow and flourish.
- Support our bookkeeper and operations manager with the accounting and budgeting.
- Help With Love thrive to meet the ever present needs of local kids in foster care by assessing the needs of the organization.
- Work in close relationship with the Operational Manager to further With Love-s outreach and success.
- Help create content toward the development of electronic and print materials that support fundraising goals.
- Run the annual benefit dinner each year and help us reach our goals.
Event Planning Essentials
- Help plan and implement Season of Giving and our Annual Benefit dinner.
- Solicit corporate and non-profit event sponsors, individual sponsors and ticket buyers.
- Manage event tracking software and work with Benefit dinner team to make sure the event feel and branding is consistent.
- Provide on-site logistical management and support for various fundraising events.
- Ensure proper follow-up and methods of gratitude are completed in a timely manner.
- 3-5 years previous experience in donor relations and fundraising
- Experience in overseeing budgets that support board decisions
- Ability to work in a start-up growing business environment that requires urgency and positivity with donors, volunteers and others in the community
- Ability to create solutions for growth that meets the financial needs of With Love
- Experience working with a donor software such as Sales Force
- Ability to engage and utilize the talents of individuals from many different backgrounds
- Ability to bring in, empower, and encourage volunteers in their vital roles
- Well-developed organizational skills, including the ability to create, communicate, and execute quarterly and longer-term plans
- Aptitude for multitasking and delegation
- Polished, professional demeanor and ability to represent with a wide range of donors
- Ability to energize and motivate others to take actions to drive positive environmental and social impact
- Team player willing to take on new tasks in a dynamic environment that will help make the organization successful
- Creativity, flexibility, initiative, and a sense of humor
- On occasion this role may require an evening, weekend, or early morning
- Passion for children and families in foster care
Like this job?