Wood Slab Inventory Producer Share:
$16.00 - $18.00 Hourly
Job Search Made Easy
powered by the Core Values Index
We are looking for a Wood Slab Inventory Producer to work full time in our yard and warehouse to maximize production.
At Jewell Hardwoods, our trees come from local urban areas where they need to be reclaimed. We bring the logs back to our property where they are milled and then dried for at least 2 years. Over the last 15 years, we have processed tens of thousands of slabs.
The right candidate will work in an efficient and effective manner to deliver the streamlined product and increase our slab production. The role requires someone who is organized, has attention to the details and is urgent to complete the required tasks. This person must also be cautious and careful while working with heavy machinery. This job may also include periods of time working in our custom furniture building department, This is not an office or creative role, but a production role. At times this will be an outdoor job. The applicant must be able to lift 60-80 lbs. repetitively 40% of the day as our slabs are very large.
The position is structured with a set of tasks that need to be completed in order to produce the best finished product. No former woodworking skills are required, but knowledge of heavy machinery as forklifts, saws, planers, chainsaws are beneficial. If not applicant must be comfortable learning how to use necessary machinery.
BENEFITS: Top Tier Health, Vision and Dental Coverage paid for the employee with option for employee to pay and add family members to plan (Coverage offered after 90 day trial period.) Paid time off for Holidays, with 1 week paid vacation after 1 year of work and 2 weeks paid vacation after 3 years of work. Opportunity for salary increase with excellent performance in the job.
Only Serious Candidates To Apply. Please read responsibilities below before applying. Must fill out CVI Evaluation to be considered for hire. Thank you very much.
- Trim and prep logs for sawmill, then make accurate cuts
- Must be able to lift 60-80 lbs. repetitively 40% of the day.
- Heavy machinery operation
- Stack and organize the slabs and prioritize for the kiln
- Load and unload the kiln
- Log yard and warehouse cleanliness and organization
- Cut firewood and feed the boiler
- Trim, match and plane the slabs
- Accurately measure and record slab dimensions and information
- Carpentry work when needed
- Showroom cleanliness and organization
- Delivery of finished products as needed
- Previous experience in production, manufacturing or other related fields. (no computer skills required)
- Experience with operating forklift, chainsaw or other equipment
- Able to lift 60-80 lbs. repetitively 40% of the day.
- Must be able to focus on specific tasks for long periods of time
- Must be able to stand on your feet on concrete all day
- Maintaining Outside Log Yard and Slab Inventory
- Appropriate Dress Required For Dirty Outdoor Work
Like this job?