Gerding Builders is a General Contractor/Construction Management company, located in beautiful Corvallis, Oregon. The firm is comprised of knowledgeable Project Managers and Project Engineers with expertise in a large variety of markets and a wide range of projects. Projects include Commercial, Medical, Institutional, Non-profits, K-12, Higher Education and Multi-Family projects spanning the Willamette Valley and the Oregon Coast. We take ownership for delivering each project on schedule, under budget, without safety incidents, with a high degree of quality, and with a professionalism and level of service that exceeds the expectations of our customers.
Gerding Builders is offering a position of Project Manager as we continue to align with the growing needs of our customers. The successful candidate will manage profitable projects that lead to satisfied customers and repeat and referral business. The right person should be organized, practical, urgent and engaged with the projects and know what is happening at all times,
- Accurate and detailed documentation throughout the project
- Accurate forecasting (project and financial) and job costing
- Risk and cost management (need to have tight contracts)
- Work with sub-contractors and understand the possible exposure points
- Maintain cost leverage throughout the job
- Need to have difficult and hard conversations with stakeholders and not avoid conflicts
- Solve offsite problems with Superintendent and Project Engineer and work closely with both
- Handle multiple projects at one time
- Work with Accounting department to ensure invoicing is completed
- 7+ years of Construction Project Management experience
- Commercial and Structural Project Management experience
- Need to be a team-player and adhere to Gerding Core Values
- Ability to complete tasks and get things done in a timely fashion
Like this job?
Take the Core Values Index today to find out where your personal and professional strengths lie.