Education Director - Preschool Share:
Job Search Made Easy
powered by the Core Values Index
Primrose School of Warren is an accredited private preschools that provides a premier early education and child care experience for children and families. With purposeful play and nurturing guidance from teachers, our Balanced Learning approach inspires children to think in more ways: with creativity, compassion and resourcefulness. This time-tested approach instills a love of learning and discovery that helps children develop and excel for years.
We are currently looking for a qualified Curriculum / Education Director to help drive our school to the next level. We want a creative, but organized and reliable Education Director to lead our Education Staff. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, curious and able to oversee the curriculum and programming of our classes. This role requires someone who pays attention to the little things and ensures the lesson plans are being followed to foster the growth of our students. This person's job is to create a balanced learning environment that enables students to develop their educational abilities as well as their character.
We are seeking an experienced educational coordinator with 3-5 or more years with administrative and education experience to take us to further excellence. We want an ambitious overachiever with a true passion for education, mentoring and building quality programing. Other skills required are a positive can-do attitude, self motivated/disciplined, desire to constantly learn & grow, goal orientated and team player mentality. You must also be an outstanding communicator, relationship-builder, and mentor to everyone around you
- Oversight of all aspects of education including but not limited to educational programming, planning, implementation and assessments.
- Supervise, mentor, train, develop and coach teachers as needed
- Classroom observation and evaluate performance
- Meet with Teachers to review lesson plans and curriculum
- Onboarding of new teachers and set education and classroom expectations
- Management of school inventory and materials, including budgeting and scheduling
- Implement collaborative programs with community organizations and program partners
- Coordinate and set-up internal and external school activities along with in-house events
- Schedule and prepare in-service days and develop agendas to provide continuing education
- Enforce employee handbook
- Organize parent newsletter monthly
- Set-up Parent-Teacher conferences
Bachelors (or higher) Degree in Education or related field
Praxis a plus
3-5 years of teaching experience
2-3 years administrative experience developing and delivering educational programing
Knowledge of educational trends, professional development opportunities and resources
Strong interpersonal and communication skills required
Ability to work independently with minimal oversight in a fast pace environment
Ability formulate plans for a variety of behavioral issues and possible learning disabilities
Like this job?