Community Outreach Officer Share:
$16.00 - $17.00 Hourly
Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement Savings
Come join Northwest Enforcement-s team of passionate, dedicated, and professional men and women providing excellence and value throughout Oregon and Washington.
We are currently accepting applications for Full Time and Part Time Community Outreach Officers in the Portland Metro Area.
Starting wage range is $15.50 - 16.50
Community Outreach Officers focus on the following areas while on patrol:
- Reporting vandalism and graffiti
- Reporting abandoned vehicles
- Reporting Illegal Dumping
- Reporting Biohazards (Needle cleanup and human waste)
- Outreach Services (Recommendation and referrals to programs in Portland Metro Area)
Officers will typically perform bicycle patrols or foot patrols from April - October and perform vehicle patrols or foot patrols from November - March depending on weather conditions.
Officers typically work in teams of 2 to accomplish nightly or weekly missions and for officer safety.
Shifts are typically 10-hour Swing shifts, 4 days a week. Available days are Monday - Saturday.
5:00pm - 3:00am
You must have open availability with limited work restrictions to work Full Time in this position.
Community Outreach Officers can expect to receive $1.00 per hour wage increases at a minimum in the first year of employment if they are performing to quality standards. Standards will be explained during interview process.
Currently active Armed Licensed officers will receive a $0.50 premium on their starting wage.
Overtime opportunities are available for officers who wish to work more than their normal 40 hours per week.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- 24 Hour Fitness Membership
- Sick Time after 90 days
- PTO after 1 year of service
- DPSST Unarmed (New Applicants and Refreshers)
- DPSST Armed (New Applicants and Refreshers)
- ASP Baton
- OC Pepper spray
- Tactical Communication (Verbal Judo)
- Report writing
- CPR and First Aid
- Ability to read and write English as required by DPSST.
- High School Diploma or GED as required by DPSST
- Candidates who will drive a company provided patrol vehicle will be required to have a Current and valid Oregon or Washington Driver-s license, or the ability to obtain current OR/WA driver-s license within 60 days of employment If applicants license is out of state.
- Current Armed/Unarmed DPSST Certification Card or the ability to obtain a DPSST certification upon offer of employment.
- DPSST Training can be provided to any candidate who meets hiring criteria.
- Candidates must pass FBI background check and adhere to DPSST Moral Fitness requirements
- Candidates must pass a Drug Test.
Most jobsites are accessible by public transportation.
For officers looking for more responsibility, advancement opportunities are available.
Please submit the application and upload a current resume.
We look forward to meeting you!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $15.50 to $16.50 /hour
Like this job?
Job Search Made Easy
powered by the Core Values Index™
Apply Now Like this job?
Follow us on Twitter @erep_com_jobs to get the latest job listings.
Core Values Index (CVI)™
Many employers use the Core Values Index psychometric assessment to match applicants to available roles. It is the most accurate and reliable assessment available and only takes about 8 minutes to complete — and it's absolutely free!