Admissions Director Share:
$40,000.00 - $50,000.00 Annually + commission
Medical, Dental, Vision
Job Search Made Easy
powered by the Core Values Index
Project Patch is currently seeking an Admission Director to oversee our client admission for our Youth Program and Family Program. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting parents as they consider placement as well as ensure admission standards are maintained. Essential job duties include developing and supporting referral sources. This position is a vital member of the Youth Program Administrative Team and provides leadership and staff support. If you have a strong background in admissions and development and the ability to help parents facing one of the hardest decisions of their life, we encourage you to apply.
Full time: 40 hrs/wk, overtime exempt
$40,000 - 50,000 - Commensurate with education and experience & Performance bonuses
- Medical (employee only)
- Annual compensation for vision/dental ($200/yr)
- Personal Time Off (PTO)
- Member of Youth Program Administrative Team
- Provide executive leadership to departments and individuals as needed.
- Work to promote harmony and unity among the staff at Project Patch.
- Assure implementation and communication of administrative decisions.
- Conduct staff training as requested.
- Admissions - Youth Program
- Connect with parent/guardian at first contact for initial interview and screening
o Pre-screen clients for appropriateness of placement
o Coordinate campus tours for parents
o Coordinate references for parents
o Daily review of referral networks
o Monitor text, email, voicemail to ensure timely response or distributed to appropriate departments for response.
o If appropriate fit, explain the program and answer questions
- Upon receipt of the application, review for completeness and appropriateness of fit
- Request and process references and follow-up for clarity where needed
- Submit financial aid request package to the Financial Aid Committee
- Coordinate with our accountant for tuition/fees and financial scholarships
- Complete assessment as to the suitability of the applicant for the program
- Submit completed applications to Clinical Services Team for Intake Interview approval
- Notify parents and schedule Youth Program Intake Interview upon final approval
- Prepare legal, Interstate Compact, admissions and billing documents and send to parent with complete intake packet
- Track and report admission trends to the Operations Director
- Admissions - Family Program
o Listen to parent/guardians needs
o Describe the program
o Pre-screen families for appropriateness
- Review application for deficiencies and fill out application review sheet
- Make initial assessment as to suitability for the program
- Prepare and respond with other options if an application is deemed inappropriate
- Coordinate invoicing with the accountant
- Schedule Family Experience Session
- Forward all information for therapy and hospitality needs of the client
- Reach out to alumni and promote Alumni Family Experience attendance
- Encourage families to consider attending the Family Experience if that program would be beneficial to the families.
- Provide alternative community and residential-based options for clients who are not appropriate for treatment or there are no openings
o Continue development of Referral Resource List to offer to those deemed inappropriate for the program at any time during the Admissions process
- Coordinate relationship and communication with insurance billers.
- Verify insurance benefits
- Coordinate insurance submission with the biller to gain pre-approval
- Work with accounting and therapy staff to ensure insurance requirements and documentation are being fulfilled.
- Fundraising Assistance for Families
- Assist families with resources for fundraising for their child's stay.
- Assist families with identifying resources for funding care which may include adoption assistance, victims assistantship, IEP, and other benefits.
- Track information about client and families that would aid with marketing and offering services
- Assist the development team with improving methods for bringing appropriate leads to Project Patch
- Market program to educational consultants, other programs and agencies.
- Work with parents, school, counselors, pastors and other to make the Admissions process more efficient
- Process Improvement
- Survey applicant, current client, and alumni families on the application, treatment and discharge/post-treatment processes
- Work with Operations Director, Program Director, and Clinical Treatment Team to determine potential improvements to processes guided by survey results and other data
- Attend dorm, counselor and administrative meetings.
- Attend all staff meetings and training as required
- Maintain open and appropriate lines of communication with colleagues and supervisor
- Promote and abide by Patch policies, procedures, and standards
- Provide for the care, welfare, safety, and security of the clients in our care
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Coursework in behavioral science/social science field preferred
- High school diploma or equivalency required
Age and Experience Requirements
- Must be at least 25 years of age at the time of appointment
- Must have a valid driver's license as a condition of employment and not have more than two serious citations for moving violations during a continuous rolling 3-year period while employed. A DUI conviction will result in termination of employment.
- Two years of experience in admissions or business development preferred
- Two years of experience leadership preferred
- Communication skills including face-to-face, written, phone, and email with:
- Engage in a warm, clear, engaging, and professional manner
- Ability to collaborate with others but also comfortable working on solo projects
- Working knowledge of residential and community-based programs assisting struggling teens
- Assessment or case management experience with youth and/or families
- Quick, willing learner
- Computer proficiency in the following applications:
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Microsoft Outlook
- Work effectively with colleagues and referral sources
- Creative, resourceful thinking and planning and the ability to meet both self-imposed and assigned deadlines
- Effectively utilize social media platforms
- Interest in taking the initiative and attention to detail with the ability to catch a vision for the big picture
- Making competent decisions and solving problems independently
- Self-motivator who can effectively and efficiently organize, plan, and prioritize work
Like this job?