Assistant Project Manager Share:
Waypoint Consulting is an innovative Construction
Management firm located in beautiful Bend, Oregon. We believe that we can positively impact the
social fabric of our cities by exceptional and proactive construction
management. We believe that by providing
superior services we allow our developers to infuse more value into their
projects, thereby elevating the urban environment through aesthetically
pleasing, environmentally friendly, and efficiently executed projects.
We provide services to developers from San Diego, CA to
Olympia, WA allowing them to effectively and proactively manage construction
projects ranging in size from 4 to 60 million dollars. We use Key Performance Indicators developed
and field tested over the past 20 years that ensure project success and provide
project certainty for all involved.
Waypoint Consulting is offering a new and vital role of
Project Engineer to drive organizational success through accurate, thorough and
timely information. They will ensure the Senior Project Manager has the
required information to successfully manage projects throughout the West Coast
for leading affordable housing and market rate developers. Their attention to detail, ability to think
proactively, follow defined processes and willingness to be held accountable to
key performance indicators will allow them to provide the needed support to the
Senior Project Manager and the customer. Success in this role will allow for
Senior Project Managers to consistently manage 7 to 9 projects at any time.
- Visit projects throughout the West Coast of the United States.
- Estimating, Quantity Takeoff and Budgeting
- Assist Senior Project Manager (SPM) with development of concept design and budget to meet developers goals and objectives.
- Assist SPM with Contractor, Architect selection through RFP process.
- Assist SPM in Value Engineering implementation
- Assist SPM with Constructability Reviews
- Assist SPM in analysis of General Contractor Bids
- Meeting agendas and follow up tasks to keep the team on track
- Contacting, and coordinating developer consultants
- Developing and updating preconstruction schedules and meeting agendas
- Manage and coordinate project information
- Interact with Owners, Contractors, Consultants, Banks, and Investors
- Assemble monthly reports using key performance indicator analysis developed by Waypoint Consulting.
- Track down issues as they arise needing additional research, estimating and analysis related to the project.
- Identifying RFI (Requests for Information) or other project information that have cost impacts to the Owner and proactively enter into logs and follow up on necessary action items
- Assembling information and providing direction to project teams based on issues as they arise.
- Help develop and maintain document and project controls systems and procedures
- Participate in project meetings to include documentation, administration, and tracking of relevant information.
- Review critical submittals for project conformance and against Developer standards.
- Review construction schedules to ensure timely project completion
- Review project documentation and take appropriate action
- Interact with Owners, Contractors, Developers, and other Permitting, and Inspecting agencies to facilitate construction
- Review change orders and Key Performance Indicators and update project logs.
- Visit site on occasion to document construction progress
- Construction Management Degree or equal experience.
- Must have broad knowledge of industry and the application of construction estimating, cost, project controls/scheduling, documentation, engineering and construction principles, techniques, applications, and practices
- Familiar with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Project, Excel, Word), Construction Scheduling Software, On Screen Takeoff or other Construction Estimating Software, Blubeam, Adobe or other document editing software
- Self starter, innovative, strong work ethic.
- Functional understanding of contracts, documents, drawings, and specifications
- Proven ability to solve problems and follow through on the solutions
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently to solve problems as arise
- Ability to understand and follow direction
- Willingness to grow professionally and personally
- 2-3 Professional and personal references
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please follow these steps to apply now:
Take CVI Assessment
- It's easy and takes only a few minutes.
- Get your resume out for employers to see.
- Hurry, jobs are waiting for you.
- Get noticed!
- Your interest in this job will be shown to the posting company.