Ultimate Leadership Resource Guide, Part 1: Fuel your Team's Performance
- Steve Williamson, VP Digital Marketing and Content, eRep, Inc.
- Wednesday, December 21, 2022
If you are a business leader and want to improve your team's performance as well as grow your own leadership skills, we've compiled a 7-part series of useful and insightful articles to guide you effectively and efficiently.
Part 1: Fuel your Team's Performance
We start by discussing how to improve the performance of the team you currently have. To start, how do you measure performance? Who on your team is performing well and who needs some help? What are some actionable steps you can take to today to get things moving in the right direction?
Employees despise them. Supervisors dread them. The antiquated and ineffective annual performance review needs to die.
There is some debate in Human Resources and leadership circles about employee engagement. What is it? What are the benefits of engaged employees? Can it be measured, and if so, is it worth the effort?
I always dreaded getting annual performance reviews, even though they usually went well. This one was different. "I gave you a ?failure to meet expectations' score because you didn't achieve your objectives for the year," my boss told me. The problem was I had no idea what my objectives were.
Many business leaders think that merely having warm bodies on staff is all that's required. They see these people as resources to be used and consumed, with a seemingly never-ending supply of replacements eager to take their place. Folly!
The complete series:
- Part 1: Fuel your Team's Performance
- Part 2: Kill High Turnover — Coming soon
- Part 3: Take Your Ability to Learn to the Next Level — Coming soon
- Part 4: Find Your Keys to Effective Leadership — Coming soon
- Part 5: People are Your Greatest Resource — Coming soon
- Part 6: Accurate Hiring is Your Secret Weapon — Coming soon
- Part 7: Attract Top-notch Candidates — Coming soon
Go to eRep.com/core-values-index/ to learn more about the CVI or to take the Core Values Index assessment.
Innovator/Banker - VP Digital Marketing and Content, eRep, Inc.
Steve has a career in project management, software development and technical team leadership spanning three decades. He is the author of a series of fantasy novels called The Taesian Chronicles (ruckerworks.com), and when he isn't writing, he enjoys cycling, old-school table-top role-playing games, and buzzing around the virtual skies in his home-built flight simulator.
Share This Article
Employer Account Sign-up
Sign up for an employer account and get these features and functions right away:
- Unlimited Job Listings on eRep.com
- Applicant Search
- Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Unlimited Happiness Index employee surveys
- 3 full/comprehensive CVIs™
- No credit card required — no long-term commitment — cancel at any time
Write for eRep
Are you interested in writing for eRep? Read our submission guidelines.