There is a 93% chance you are ____ in your current job Share:

Steve Williamson, Dir. Product Development, eRep, Inc.
Monday, April 15, 2019

Spoiler alert: In this article, we will present the results of workplace studies that will absolutely shock you. Up to 93% of workers share a common — and avoidable — characteristic that has a huge negative impact on the economy. We also discuss very simple ways you can make sure you are part of the other 7%.

The Numbers

Up to 70% of workers are disengaged in their current role. A further 23% are actively disengaged. On a daily basis, over 60% of workers think about another job up to once per second.

Lots of people don't like their job. What's the big deal?

It's a lot bigger than you think.

This high level of employee disengagement costs the U.S. economy up to $1 trillion dollars in lost productivity every year.

Let that figure sink in for a moment. $1 trillion dollars every year in lost productivity, lost opportunity, lost revenue ... you get the point. All of this is because people don't like their job.

The Problem

Finding a solution to such a huge problem is made easier when we identify the root cause.

Where does this rampant job dissatisfaction come from? The source of America's employment discontent comes from a single source:

Workers are in roles that are not aligned with their true selves.

The Solution

If so many people are unhappy in their current role, and it all stems from working in a job that isn't aligned with who we are, what is the solution? What can you do as an individual that will positively affect this trillion dollar problem?

The first step is to discover how you are hardwired. Spend 8 minutes taking the Core Values Index psychometric assessment at and read your report. Find out if you are a people person, if you find your greatest joy solving problems or motivating others. Discover if you work best alone or in groups.

Discover your personality's DNA with the Core Values Index psychometric assessment.

Reveal what makes you thrive in just 8 minutes.

The Questions

Ask yourself these two questions:

1. What kind of work makes me the happiest?

Find the answer by taking the CVI and reading your report. Your answers are in there, ready to be discovered (on page one, in fact, in full-color graphs).

2. Am I happy?

Take the Happiness Index at It is free to all those who have taken the CVI on eRep. The Happiness Index is a short and easy to take test that will help you focus on the areas of your job that are truly satisfying and those that are lacking.

Your answers to these two questions will guide you toward the role that aligns with your hardwired self.

The Benefits

If you're part of the unhappy 93% of workers, answering the two questions above will get you started toward finding the role that makes you happy.

What are the benefits of being one of the engaged and enthused 7%?

Engaged workers that work in a role aligned with their Core Values Index psychometric profile are up to 200% more productive. They also experience 50% or lower turnover.

And they're much, much happier.

Take the CVI and discover your happiness today.

Go to to learn more about the CVI or to take the Core Values Index assessment.
There is a 93% chance you are ____ in your current job

Read similar articles in these categories:


Free CVI Webinar

Take the CVI and get free access to our webinar, INTRODUCTION TO THE CVI, presented by leading CVI expert and eRep CEO, Travis Stovall.

Learn more about the CVI:

Connect with eRep:

Steve Williamson

Steve Williamson

Innovator/Banker - Dir. Product Development, eRep, Inc.

Steve has a career in information technology and software development spanning three decades. He is the author of a series of fantasy novels called The Taesian Chronicles (, and when he isn't writing he enjoys motorcycle adventure touring and buzzing around the skies in his home-built flight simulator.