Mentor Coordinator - POIC+RAHS Share:
Why join us?
Impact your community: Be a part of an innovative and holistic program which houses a range of wrap-around services aimed at stabilizing families and strengthening the community, especially those of color, through education, crisis intervention, community monitoring, case management, and personal growth support.
Location: North Campus - 717 N. Killingsworth Court, Portland, OR 97217
Reports to: Director of Youth Services
The Mentor Coordinator will ensure objectives and deliverables are met according to contract and grant agreements, including but not limited to, providing match support services, and mentee engagement.
Core responsibilities include: Regular case management and support to RAHS matches (Mentees and Mentors) to ensure longer and stronger match relationships, mentor trainings, match introductions along with support to pre-matched mentees. You will work closely with each campus as a part the Youth Services Department to maintain open and clear communications, to implement and track data collection, and to ensure grant reports and proposals are prepared on time and on budget.
This position will be responsible for supporting a caseload of 40 -50 young adults (20 high school seniors and 20-30 mixed grade matches).
- Contact Mentors, Mentees Bi-Monthly
- Provide ongoing risk management and support to keep match going
- Conduct monthly mentor trainings
- Conduct Quarterly Match Surveys
- Coordinate monthly mentee and quarterly match activities
- Maintain match file
- Partner with Director on recruitment activities
- Collect, analyze, and report on data including but not limited to event attendance, and resources services needed, program participation, and demographics
- Monitor grant requirements to ensure all contracted goals are met
- Adhere to organization-s equity position
- Track and report data and statistics to director as requested
- Complete agency weekly, monthly, quarterly, and/or annual reports
- Weigh in on strategic plans for the department that relates to the future of mentor programming and community engagement.
- Assist Director by ensuring budgetary compliance and by submitting any required documents or reports on time and in completion
- Collaborate on execution of programs for department
- Other duties as assigned
- Specific responsibilities subject to review after completion of the first 90 days of work
- A passion for POIC + RAHS mission and serving at-risk youth and young adults
- Demonstrated progression in program and contract management
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent organizational, time management, and reporting skills to manage multiple projects, set priorities, collaborate with team members, and meet deadlines
- Experience in tracking program information
- Responsible and professional conduct that serves as role model to all participants
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Requirements
- Minimum 3+ years program and case management experience
- Minimum 3+ years managing programs
- Prior grant reporting experience required
- Experience working with young adults and families
- Experience recruiting and maintaining program participants
- Experience working with communities of color, in particular African-American women
- Bachelor-s degree required or equivalent, plus 5 years demonstrated experience
- Commitment to personal and professional growth and accountability
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and adhere to high ethical and professional standards
Licensing / Certification Requirements
- Successful completion of initial and on-going employment screens, including, but not limited to criminal background, sex offender, drug, abuse and neglect, reference, and vehicle record checks as required.
To Apply - Become a Member of Our Team To be considered for this opportunity, create an eRep account, take the Core Value Index, submit a cover letter addressing your qualifications for the position and why you are interested in joining the POIC team, 3 professional references, and a resume. NO phone calls, please.
About POIC + RAHS ~ Visit our website: www.portlandoic.org
Mission: We are committed to the future success of at-risk youth through the age of 25, providing the highest quality services in education, mentoring, family outreach, employment training and placement.
Beliefs: We believe all people have value We believe all people can grow We believe all people can contribute to and build thriving communities Rosemary Anderson High School (RAHS) is an accredited high school with four campuses in North Portland, East Portland/Gresham, New Columbia and SE Portland. POIC+RAHS is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please follow these steps to apply now:
Take CVI Assessment
- It's easy and takes only a few minutes.
- Get your resume out for employers to see.
- Hurry, jobs are waiting for you.
- Get noticed!
- Your interest in this job will be shown to the posting company.