Office Manager/Receptionist POIC+RAHS Share:
Why join us?
Realize your vision: Use your experience to help
shape Portland Opportunities Industrialization + Rosemary Anderson High School
(POIC+RAHS), a multi-faceted agency with
roots in workforce development that provides wide-ranging services meant to
promote stronger attachments between disenfranchised youth, their families, and
the wider community.
Work with an amazing team: Be a part of a fast-growing
organization. Join a talented staff dedicated to the mission of educating and
supporting youth through the age of 25.
Impact your community: Be a part of an innovative
and holistic program which houses a range of wrap-around services aimed at
stabilizing families and strengthening the community through education, crisis
intervention, community monitoring, case management and personal growth
Manager/Receptionist - East
Anderson High School East Campus - 2208
SE 182nd Avenue, Portland POIC+RAHS has several sites throughout
Multnomah County, including North Portland, East Portland/Gresham, SE Portland
& New Columbia.
Benefits: Full benefits package
working hours are 7:30 AM-4:00 PM, Monday through Friday, with occasional
evenings and weekends, as assigned
Reports to: East Principal
Salary: $13-15/hour, DOE
Position Summary: POIC+RAHS seeks a motivated, enthusiastic, and detail-oriented team
member. To thrive in this role, you'll need to love
variety, work independently, communicate well and be super organized. We are
looking for a professional and engaging individual who will do whatever it
takes to get the job done. Experience in office administration is a plus. The
right candidate will play an integral part in the future expansion of our
organization. English and Spanish fluency is preferred.
.Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Greet visitors, guests and potential new students
- Respond to questions via phone, email and general correspondence
- Set up systems and protocols as required (Filing, Supplies, Office Operations)
- Develop and maintain inventory of all office supplies of stationery, supplies, equipment
- Personal administration duties for Principal
- Develop new systems to ease coordination and communication
- Support agency-wide initiatives
- Manage database systems
- Registration/Enrollment support & data input
- Student records support
- Manage distribution of bus tickets
- Student attendance team (information systems management)
- Other duties, as assigned
- All POIC+RAHS staff is required to participate in ongoing professional development related to our organizational expectations centered on personal growth, leadership, and accountability
Qualifications & Skills
- A passion for POIC+RAHS mission and serving culturally-diverse youth, young adults and their families
- Commitment to professional development
- Friendly and professional customer service; Ability to navigate professional relationships in diverse settings
- Strong computer, communication and organization skills a must
- Flexibility and the ability to multi-task and adjust priorities as needed
- Experience working in schools or similar organizations a plus
- Experience working with synergy a plus
- Spanish and English fluency preferred
Education & Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience in office administration
- Successful completion of initial and on-going employment screens, including, but not limited to criminal background, sex offender, drug, abuse and neglect and vehicle record as required
- Reliable transportation
- All POIC+RAHS staff is required to
participate in ongoing professional development related to our
organizational expectations centered on personal growth, leadership, and
About POIC + RAHS
Established in 1968 as a community-based organization, Portland Opportunities Industrialization Center, Inc. (POIC) has been providing culturally relevant adult workforce training and placement to adults, with an emphasis on people of color. In 1983, Rosemary Anderson High School (RAHS) was founded. Today, POIC+RAHS partners with government agencies, local businesses, and other community-based organizations to provide:
1. Open-door, accredited high school diploma and GED programming
2. Best practice peer, adult, and gang-impacted youth mentoring programs
3. Evidence-based young parent education and case management
4. Leadership development and training opportunities
5. College and career exploration, career coaching, internship opportunities, and job placement
6. Youth and gang violence intervention and prevention services
POIC + RAHS is committed to the future success of at-risk youth through the age of 25, providing the highest quality services in education, mentoring, family outreach, employment training, and placement.
We believe all people have value.
We believe all people can grow.
We believe all people can build and contribute to thriving communities.
Visit our website at www.portlandoic.org
To Apply - Become a Member of Our Team
To be considered for this opportunity, set up an eRep account, take the CVI (Core Value Index), submit a cover letter addressing your qualifications for the position and why you are interested in joining the POIC team, 3 professional references, and a resume. NO phone calls, please.
POIC + RAHS is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please follow these steps to apply now:
Take CVI Assessment
- It's easy and takes only a few minutes.
- Get your resume out for employers to see.
- Hurry, jobs are waiting for you.
- Get noticed!
- Your interest in this job will be shown to the posting company.