Vancouver, WA 98660
Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement Savings
Our team works day and night to develop and manufacture the best Mazda performance parts and deliver them with the highest level of customer service with 100% satisfaction.
At CorkSport, we have a motto we like to use around here that goes, "We absolutely, positively deliver every time." That is what we expect from ourselves and what you can expect when you join our team! Whether our customers are looking get 10-20 more horsepower from their Mazda and add a few accessories for style, or they are going all out with a big turbo build, fully built motor with forged internals and a full race suspension setup, as a member of the CorkSport Mazda Performance team you will ensure we have the parts on hand to help them achieve the full potential from their platform.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Washington, and up and coming city just north of Portland, OR, CorkSport is the #1 brand in Mazda performance parts and accessories. With high-quality parts, excellent customer service, we work with our customers to make their Mazda dreams a reality.
Our culture is built around Mazda performance, we work hard and play hard. We attend and build events that support the Mazda community. If after work install parties, new performance part test drives, assisting in product release videos and regularly hanging out with the CorkSport Team sounds like a dream come true, we want you to consider applying for our open position.
Seeking an experienced Purchasing Manager to support worldwide distribution of Mazda Performance Parts. In this hybrid position, the ideal candidate will leverage strong purchasing experience with an additional focus on forecasting, receiving, quality control and driving inventory accuracy within our warehouse. The applicant will enjoy seamlessly shifting responsibilities, supporting quarterly plans and driving company KPIs. Strong leadership, time management, organizational and communication skills are essential.
To learn more about our company, please go to:http://www.corksport.com and be sure to check out our blog at http://www.corksport.com/blog/.
- Plan, organize and execute all demand planning, forecasting and procurement activities at both the assembly and component level.
- Responsible for staying up to date on category intelligence, sales trends and demand shift opportunities created by sales and marketing.
- Evaluate sales trends, research demand drivers, develop and prepare statistical forecast models and defend forecast results.
- Manage item level forecast variability, update short term demand plans, and navigate inventory impacts.
- Negotiate min EOQs and costing to drive bottom line margin improvements.
- Create, submit and maintain purchase orders with supplier partners and communicate and update shipment ETAs.
- Serve as a data steward for part number and attribute setup, back order & sales reporting, tracking shipment ETAs and inventory availability.
- Responsible for receiving shipments and processing invoices, quality control of inbound/outbound parts, and securing vendor credits for damaged, missing and warranty items.
- Manage Inventory to 97% accuracy levels; Oversee inventory cycle counts and resolve inventory accuracy failure modes.
- Minimize aged and slow-moving inventory, maximize inventory turns and limit inventory investments while driving a weekly in-stock rate of 97.5%.
- Generate ad hoc reporting with available business analytics tools.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Min of 4 years experience in purchasing, forecasting or demand planning in a manufacturing environment or a combination of 4 years experience in demand planning, quality control and inventory management.
- Clear, consistent and effective written and verbal communication, able to build strong strategic relationships within all levels of management and supplier networks.
- Strong Negotiation Skills; negotiate price, EOQs, terms, and conditions for all purchased product.
- Proactive problem-solving approach when faced with changing and conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven critical thinking and collaborative skills required to create and implement plans, processes and procedures
- Strong PC skills (including MS Office applications); Extensive knowledge of Excel and pivot tables required.
- Strong Knowledge of QuickBooks and web-based analysis tools are essential.
- Possess technical knowledge of aftermarket Mazda performance parts is a bonus, but NOT required.