Creative Director Share:
the largest independent tech media site in the world, is a technology/lifestyle
brand with offices in Portland, Oregon; New York; Chicago; and more. We cover anything and
everything in technology -- from the QLED vs OLED 4k TVs, racing
drones, Apple product recalls, to innovations in autonomous driving. Our content
spans from news, expert analysis, guides, in-depth reviews, and more. Digital
Trends provides insights to our readers in a way that enhances their lifestyle.
-Tech For The Way You Live-
seeking a Creative Director to own our brand identity and grow our in-house
creative capabilities. We are looking for a visionary creative leader with
impeccable taste and flawless execution. This role will be responsible for
updating our style guide and unifying our brand look & tone everywhere we
engage with our audience: on-site, social, experiential, video and merchandise.
will work collaboratively across development, content and marketing teams on
multiple projects while also managing and growing your team. This person is a
seasoned Creative Director who works collaboratively, and thinks conceptually
and strategically about branding and design.
- Develop innovative, best-in-class digital assets and experiences for DT in multiple functions
- Create, evolve, maintain and advocate for the DT design style guide. Be the gatekeeper of the brand and ensure all creative adheres to our guidelines and standards to ensure our brand is consistent and relevant.
- Serve as a cross-functional partner who asks the right questions and brainstorms solutions with a strong sense of initiative and follow-through
- Build relationships with stakeholders, promote awareness and collaboration between Marketing, Editorial, PR, Development and Integrated Marketing to build consistent narratives
- Define and impact standards, best practices, guidelines, principles for various audiences and initiatives
- Lead a team of designers - you are responsible for their growth, performance, and evaluations
- Lead and inspire team to be: customer-focused, innovative, fast-moving and team-oriented.
- Assist in aligning creative with advertiser-s/client strategy by working closely with Integrated Marketing team
- Develop game changing creative concepts, ideas, decks and communication across a range of possible disciplines
- Keep abreast of new technology, resources and trends affecting the creative industry and share this knowledge across the organization
- Presenting design concepts to senior leadership
- Collaborate with Marketing team to align on seasonal marketing objectives and deliverables to support those goals
- Work with photo and video teams, designers and producers to execute creative through final delivery, ensuring best in class quality standards.
- 7+ years experience as a Creative Director/ Sr. Art Director with heavy graphic design experience for a consumer brand or at a creative agency working on large consumer facing brands
- Full fluency with Adobe Creative Suite, Indesign, and Sketch
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- A strong, clean visual design sense and an ability to adhere to branding style guidelines
- Ability to work independently and lead a growing team, take initiative, receive and follow instructions and take constructive feedback, and volunteer ideas and solutions
- Ready to do it all mentality
- Experiencing working in publishing industries a plus
- Proven leader of teams and working cross functionally.
- Dynamic web design & UX experience, understanding of development systems and process
- Passion for content creation specific for new media, video content, social content and paid advertising campaigns
- Fluency in content creation, CG, video editing, web streaming, social media and digital advertising
- Ability to contribute to editorial discussions and strategy during the entire design process, from concept through completion
- Experience working in a fast-paced, data-driven environment, effortlessly switching between projects
- Experience managing and mentoring other designers
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please follow these steps to apply now:
Take CVI Assessment
- It's easy and takes only a few minutes.
- Get your resume out for employers to see.
- Hurry, jobs are waiting for you.
- Get noticed!
- Your interest in this job will be shown to the posting company.