Office Administrator- POIC+RAHS Share:
Why join us?
Impact your community: Be a part of an innovative and holistic program which houses a range of wrap-around services aimed at stabilizing families and strengthening the community through education, crisis intervention, community monitoring, case management and personal growth support.
Location: CHI Office- located at 9828 E. Burnside Street, Suite 210, Portland, OR
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm, plus evenings and weekends as required
Salary: $13-$15 per hour/ DOE
Position Summary: The reliable, highly organized, highly enthusiastic, self-disciplined, detail-oriented and motivated
As the first point of contact in the office, the Office Administrator will field and direct incoming phone inquiries regarding services, greet visitors, ascertains nature of business, and conduct visitors to appropriate person.
ResponsibilitiesFIRST POINT OF CONTACT
- Facilitation of routine daily office functions including greeting visitors, incoming calls, mail, email inquiries, stocking the office, inventory management and related tasks
- Work independently and within a team on ongoing and special projects
- Facilities management including workplace and environment maintenance, managing office improvements and repairs as needed and coordinating recycling
- General office duties such as correspondence, meeting set up and materials, or other clerical work
- Compile and type reports, record minutes of staff or other meetings
- Assist with scheduling, logistics and purchases needed for trainings and other events
- Schedule and organize staff meetings and trainings. May be responsible for travel arrangements.
- Participate on special committees for staff activities and celebrations.
- Generate mass mailings and emailing to families, other POIC+RAHS staff, and community for various events and communications while adhering to branding requirements
- Create calendar of upcoming events
- Point person to receive responses and RSVP's to invitations, trainings and various events.
- Create, maintain and update the database for program expenditures, invoices, receipts, and client management
- Generate routine reports from multiple databases
- Manage on-going updates of client documents for files
- Assist with managing files of families and clients.
- Audit documentation for signatures and completion before filing
- Accurately file confidential documents for all programs and clients
- Develop and implement systems to support CHI staff with compliance of documentation
- Adhere to documentation requirements as indicated in CHI Program policies, including but not limited to accurate data entry into DCJ database, case files, service plans, weekly/monthly reports, and case notes
- Assist with managing systems related to audits and compliance.
- Respond to all crises and risk incidents within the required time frames per POIC+RAHS policies
- Participate in regular supervision check-ins, department staff meetings, community partner meetings and all staff trainings o Other duties as assigned.
- A passion for POIC + RAHS mission and serving at-risk young adults and their families
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with youth and families of color.
- Diversity, inclusion and equity are fundamental values of POIC + RAHS.
- Excellent problem solving skills, highly organized, and can work well under high stress
- Commitment to personal and professional growth and accountability
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and adhere to high ethical and professional standards
- Reliable transportation Education and/or Experience
- Certificate or Associate's Degree required
- Minimum 3 years office work experience
- Experience working with communities of color, in particular African-American youth and their families
- Excellent computer and word processing skills and willingness to advance computer skills
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher)
- Experience with crisis intervention, community networking and resource development
Licensing / Certification Requirements
Successful completion of initial and on-going employment screens, including, but not limited to criminal background, sex offender, drug, abuse and neglect, reference, and vehicle record checks as required.
To Apply - Become a Member of Our Team To be considered for this opportunity, set up an eRep account, complete the Core Value Index, and submit a cover letter addressing your qualifications for the position and why you are interested in joining the POIC+RAHS team, 3 professional references, and a resume. NO phone calls, please. About POIC + RAHS ~ Visit our website: www.portlandoic.org
We are committed to the future success of at-risk youth through the age of 25, providing the highest quality services in education, mentoring, family outreach, employment training and placement.
We believe all people have value We believe all people can grow We believe all people can contribute to and build thriving communities Rosemary Anderson High School (RAHS) is an accredited high school with four campuses in North Portland, East Portland/Gresham, New Columbia and SE Portland.
POIC+RAHS is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please follow these steps to apply now:
Take CVI Assessment
- It's easy and takes only a few minutes.
- Get your resume out for employers to see.
- Hurry, jobs are waiting for you.
- Get noticed!
- Your interest in this job will be shown to the posting company.